The Portland City Council adopted City ordinance 187454 on November 18th, 2015.
- What does this mean?
- As of December 18, 2015, TVs turned on in public places in Portland, Oregon must have the captions turned on while the business is open.
Just turn on the captions and leave them on.
- How do we do that?
- It depends on how you receive your TV service.
Over the air:
If you get your TV signal over the air, just use your remote to adjust the settings to have CC1 turned on. Check the instructions that came with your TV.
Most businesses in the Portland area get their TV signals from Comcast. Here’s how to turn on the captions for most Comcast boxes:
With the TV on, press Menu
- Select Main Menu
- Select Setup
- Select Closed Captioning Setup
- Closed Captioning ON
- Analog service - CC1
- Digital service - Service 1
- Change styles as desired, such as font and color of captions
- Press Exit when done
If you need more help turning on the captions, call 1-800-266-2278
CenturyLink Prism TV:
Remote Control Overview explains the procedure for accessing the Viewing Bar tool which provides an opportunity to turn on and off closed captioning.
- Right Arrow: While in Live TV, press the Right Arrow to bring up the Viewing Option bar from the right of the screen. This includes: Favorites (list, add, settings), Audio, Subtitles, closed captioning, and TV Zoom.
For more information, call 1-800-244-1111
Call 1-800-531-5000 for more information.
Call 1-800-333-3474 for more information.